Shutterfly launches Family Photo Day online destination inspiring families to get creative and have fun with their family’s holiday pictures
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), a leading Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, announced today that it has teamed up with Style Expert Jenn Falik to help families bring their style to life in personalized holiday photo cards. In collaboration with Falik, Shutterfly also announced a special “Family Photo Day” online destination designed with tools, videos, advice and more to help families capture their personalities and style for their holiday photo card.
Dress Your Family for a Beautiful Holiday Photo
“Don’t be afraid to play with fashion trends this holiday season — from bold colors to sophisticated accessories or classic styles —
this is the time of year to have fun,” said Jenn Falik. “You can be current while still creating a photo that has timeless appeal. This season Shutterfly offers a wide selection of holiday cards that helps families capture and share their personal style with family and friends.”
Among the top style trends for this season’s holiday photos, Jenn Falik recommends the following:
● Color-Blocking: Group photos can bring one of the season’s hottest trends, color-blocking, into action. Arrange your family in different bold hues for a stylish, runway-ready look! Recommended color choices this season include jewel tones like rich purple, cobalt blue, emerald green and lipstick red.
● Get Comfortable: Cozy knits, specifically in shades of ivory or chocolate brown, will be trending this holiday season and the textures of sweaters can play beautifully in photos. Pair with similar colored bottoms for just the right amount of coordination.
● Accessorize: Opt for one large statement piece and one small accent piece per person, such as a hair accessory or scarf — minimal accessories with maximum impact!
Shutterfly’s Tips for a Fun Family Photo Day
Shutterfly’s Family Photo Day online destination features resources to find local photographers, inspiring ideas for hosting your own Family Photo Day and photography advice if you choose to take your own photos, as well as photo fashion tips from Jenn Falik and card styling advice from Shutterfly’s Card Stylist Megan Bohnert. Visitors can also find or create their own Family Photo Day events through meetup.com/everywhere. To learn more about Family Photo Day, visit www.ShutterflyFamilyPhotos.com.
Find the Perfect Holiday Card
“This year, it’s all about surprising and delighting the people on your card list with those impromptu moments that showcase your family’s personality by combining the right photo and card design,” said Megan Bohnert, Shutterfly’s Card Stylist. “Many times a family’s holiday card photo will live on long after the season has passed, and Shutterfly makes it easy for families to find, create and share personalized holiday photo cards that bring their season’s greetings to life.”
Bohnert believes holiday card style trends mirror the season’s focus on fashion:
Bold is Beautiful: At Shutterfly, our designs are on trend this season, offering cards with bright colors like electric blue, yellow and hot pink, which put a fresh twist on a personal moment.
● Photo First: Having or capturing the right photo often influences the style and layout of a holiday card. Have fun with your photos, and surprise friends and family with a card that captures a series of shots that reveal the spontaneous and one-of-a-kind moments in life.
● Location, location, location: Outdoor and candid photos match best with a whimsical card design, such as hand-drawn illustrations, while more traditional, posed photos, such as ones taken in front of a fireplace, pair well with a classic card style.
New this year, Shutterfly introduces card features to make it easier and faster than ever to send your holiday cards and ensures your personal style shines through:
● Faster Personalization: Shutterfly now offers pre-addressed envelopes, saving you time and eliminating one step in sending your holiday cards.
● More Customization: With new Gallery Cards, you can design a card that is truly you with customizable text, font, sizes and colors — you can even add up to 14 photos. Also, Shutterfly offers back of card printing for you to add a special greeting and photos.
● New Address Book Tool: Shutterfly’s Address Book tool allows you to quickly import contact information from the most common sources, such as Outlook, so you can create mailing lists with ease.
Now more than ever, personalization is important and individuals express themselves in distinctive ways. From broadcasting interests on social networks to the rise of artisans pursuing handcrafted passions, consumers are exploring unique outlets to express their distinct style. According to Shutterfly’s third annual holiday card survey, the same holds true with regard to Christmas and holiday card creation:
● 60 percent of the general population are more likely to save personalized holiday cards sent by friends or family than any other type of greeting,
● Half of those who send personalized holiday cards feel personalized holiday cards establish a deeper connection with family and friends, and finding a card design that mirrors their own personal style is of chief concern, and
● Consistent with 2010, more than eight out of 10 people plan to send the same number or more holiday cards this year.
To view Shutterfly’s exclusive holiday card collection, visit www.shutterfly.com/holidaycards.
Founded in 1999, Shutterfly, Inc. is an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing company and operates Shutterfly.com, Tiny Prints.com and Weddingpaperdivas.com. Shutterfly provides high quality products and world class services that make it easy, convenient and fun for consumers to preserve their digital photos in a creative and thoughtful manner. Shutterfly’s flagship product is its award-winning photo book line, which helps consumers celebrate memories and tell their stories in professionally bound coffee table books. Shutterfly was recently named one of the top 25 Best Midsized Companies to Work For by the Great Place to Work Institute. More information about Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) is available at www.shutterfly.com. Shutterfly and Shutterfly.com are trademarks of Shutterfly, Inc.
“All survey data, unless otherwise stated, has been derived from a survey administered by Decipher, Inc among a U.S. sample of 500 adults age 18 years or older on August 9-17, 2011. Respondents were selected from an online research panel and must have sent or received a holiday card in 2010.”
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50053197&lang=en
Shutterfly, Inc. Gretchen Sloan, 650-610-5276 (Media Relations) firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Shutterfly, Inc.
News Provided by Acquire Media