REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jun 02, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), the leading Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, today unveils a new lineup of summer party stationery featuring summer invitations and coordinated address labels for any summer fete. With more than 65 card designs and dozens of address labels to choose from; themes range from backyard barbecue to beach bash to ice cream social to Fourth of July. The summer styles are from some of Shutterfly’s hottest designers like Stacey Claire Boyd, Fresh Lemonade, Erin Condren and Blonde Designs, as well as debut designers such as Demby + Solomon created by Lysa Goodman Poore and Vanilla Print created by Julie Schaffroth.
“Summer is a fun season, with lots of reasons to celebrate. Next to the winter holidays, summertime is one of the top seasons for party invitations,” said Shutterfly’s Creative Director John Sanborn. “This year we’re offering a breadth of new designs to help add that extra something to graduation parties, summer cookouts and family reunions.”
Shutterfly’s summer stationery comes in three sizes – 5″x7″, 4″x5″, 4″x8″ – flat or folded, featuring one or more pictures or none at all. New designs range from Stacey Claire Boyd’s modern, cartoony “Kiss the Cook” to Vanilla Print’s bright, single photo “Big BBQ” to Fresh Lemonade’s hip “Hot Grill” invitation. Many feature matching address labels ($9.99 for a set of 28 labels); in most cases, a set of invitations costs less than $20. To browse each collection by designer, visit Shop by Designer.
Following are tips from Shutterfly for making the most of summer parties:
- Plan early. Summer is travel season as well; send invitations at least three weeks before the event to ensure solid attendance.
- Let the invitation drive the theme. Want to party but not sure what exactly to do? Peruse Shutterfly’s lineup of summer invitations and let your favorite card drive the theme. Turn your backyard into a beachfront and send out “Coconut Luau” invitations or create a cocktail recipe swap lawn party and invite the gang with “Thirsty?” invites.
- Photograph your event. Assign someone to be the official party photographer; create a free website with a Shutterfly Share site afterward so all attendees can relive the fun. Plan the party during the “Golden Hour” – one hour prior to sunset – to ensure beautiful lighting for the photos.
- Don’t forget the favors. Whether summer birthday or family reunion, guests will love to go home with a little special something. Shutterfly has a host of inexpensive photo gifts that make great party favors, from magnets to notepads to photo strips or, for summer travel season, personalized photo luggage tags.
- Celebrate the non-events. TGIF. “I love July.” Show off your pedicure party (with Vanilla Print’s “Party Flipflops” invitation, of course). Whatever the get-to-together, do it up right with quality invitations instead of run-of-the-mill e-invites.
Shutterfly stationery is the stylish and simple answer to consumers’ stationery needs. Fitting for all life’s celebrations, Shutterfly’s exclusive collection from the industry’s most celebrated designers is perfect for any style. Shopping is quick and easy, and backed by award-winning customer service and 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. Shutterfly’s designer stationery and cards are competitively priced to give consumers the best value with one of the fastest turnaround times of online personalized stationery, anywhere.
For more information on Shutterfly’s summer stationery, visit http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/summer-celebrations.
Founded in 1999, Shutterfly, Inc. is an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service. Shutterfly provides high quality products and world class services that make it easy, convenient and fun for consumers to preserve their digital photos in a creative and thoughtful manner. Shutterfly’s flagship product is its award-winning Photo Book line, which helps consumers celebrate memories and tell their stories in professionally bound coffee table books. More information about Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) is available at www.shutterfly.com. Shutterfly and Shutterfly.com are trademarks of Shutterfly, Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6308112&lang=en
SOURCE: Shutterfly, Inc.
Melissa Moody, 650-610-5229
Copyright Business Wire 2010