REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct 21, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Shutterfly Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), a leading Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, today expands their mobile offering with the introduction of a free photo-sharing application for the iPad designed to give customers more ways to enjoy and share their photos stored at Shutterfly.com. Shutterfly for iPad is available for free at the Apple App Store.
“Our customers want to take their photos with them wherever they go and they expect Shutterfly to be with them on their desktops, laptops and mobile devices”, said Jeff Housenbold, president and chief executive officer of Shutterfly. “Customers continue to choose Shutterfly as their preferred location for storing and sharing their photos, whether via our Share sites or in printed form such as photo books, cards or merchandise. Today we’re introducing our iPad application in response to the rapid adoption of tablets among our customers. The larger screen is ideal for viewing and sharing the billions of images our customers have entrusted with us.”
Shutterfly for iPad lets customers:
- Access Shutterfly albums and pictures from the iPad and save them to the iPad
- Show off and view online Shutterfly pictures in a stunning full-screen slide show
- Email pictures stored on Shutterfly to friends and family
- Post photos from the iPad to their personalized Shutterfly Share site for friends and family to see
Shutterfly for iPad also lets new customers create an account from within the app. As with all accounts, Shutterfly offers iPad users free, unlimited storage. Shutterfly stores images at full resolution and does not delete images. To learn more about the free Shutterfly iPad App, visit http://itunes.apple.com/app/shutterfly-for-ipad/id396799352?mt=8.
Shutterfly’s other Apple-friendly services include:
- Shutterfly for iPhone, a free photo sharing iPhone App that gives customers the power to upload, view and share their photos from their iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Export Assistant for iPhoto, a downloadable iphoto plug-in that makes it easier for Mac users to upload pictures from iPhoto, giving them access to Shutterfly’s award-winning products like photo books, cards and stationery.
Founded in 1999, Shutterfly, Inc. is an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service. Shutterfly provides high quality products and world class services that make it easy, convenient and fun for consumers to preserve their digital photos in a creative and thoughtful manner. Shutterfly’s flagship product is its award-winning photo book line, which helps consumers celebrate memories and tell their stories in professionally bound coffee table books. Shutterfly was recently named one of the top 25 Best Midsized Companies to Work For by the Great Place to Work Institute. More information about Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) is available at www.shutterfly.com. Shutterfly and Shutterfly.com are trademarks of Shutterfly, Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6477345&lang=en
SOURCE: Shutterfly, Inc.
Gretchen Sloan, 650-610-5276
Copyright Business Wire 2010